Friday, January 18, 2008

It always happens to me

I sit in airplanes a lot now. Just about every time there is no problem. I get on, try not to make trouble and then get off. Last night I was on a flight home from NY. I was in seat 38G, an aisle seat. To my right across the aisle was an elderly couple. About 2 hours into the flight, the husband gets up to go to use the facilities. The wife proceeds to get up and squat on both knees while perched on both hers and her husbands seat and began looking for something on the floor...I think it was her shoes. This normally wouldn't have mattered at all however what this woman failed to remember was that she was wearing a skirt. Not a short one but short enough that as she was bent over on her knees with her butt straight up in the air, she had exposed herself. Yep, a woman the age of my grandma was baring her backside to about 10 of us that unfortunately witnessed the event. She had no clue whatsoever. The guy to my left in the middle seat noticed and made a gurgle noise like he threw up in his mouth and quickly looked down. I didn't have quite the reaction but needless to say, I quickly looked away and began to focus directly at the seat in front of me.

It seems like those types of moments always happen to me and I don't get why. Why am I there at the precise moment to witness an 80 year old woman's exposed rear end?

1 comment:

Heather said...

BOB!!!
Hello, this is your ostracized cousin in Utah, Heather.
I gotta say, it's pretty funny cuz I always thought I was the only one who those things happen to. Glad to see it runs in the family...

Have a good one!